Sunday, May 22, 2005

 

Being real or "your soul is showing"

"You can be one of a million or you can be one in a million."
Rachelle Disbennett-Lee, author and Business and Life coach, Denver, CO.

It is very simple to be one in a million and to stand out. You only have to be yourself. I remember the first time in my first job as a psychotherapist when I co-facilitated a group. The more experienced therapist was great and I tried to be like him. And I couldn't. I remember going home at night quite discouraged with myself. Later that week, I co-facilitated with another therapist whose style was so different. Then I understood that if I wanted to be a good therapist, I would have to just be myself as I applied what I had learned.

It's the same in the rest of life. We are all unique. No one else has the same combination of qualities and quirks. It's often easier to just be like everyone else. Less chances of reprisal or rejection, but the satisfaction is also missing. If you want to add passion in all of your life, dare to be yourself, let your soul show. People who can appreciate the real stuff will notice.


Marguerite Tennier, M.A.

http://www.canadascoach.com

http://www.probonocoachingcanada.com



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?