Sunday, January 22, 2006

 

The joy of taking action

As a coach, I monitor myself and still see myself avoiding stuff. One of the housekeeping tasks I really dislike is cleaning the refrigerator. I would rather wash a floor, the bathroom or do fifty sit-ups. Of course, by the time I do the dreaded task, it has become an emergency and the consequence is that the job is worse than if I had done earlier.

While the state of my fridge is not a matter of life or death - at least not yet - other avoidances can be more costly, even if they are not a matter of life or death.

Are you avoiding something on your to-do list: taking that last course to complete your degree, taking a close look at your finances and getting a grip on it, taking the next step to take your business to the next level.

One thing is sure: once you do what you have postponed, you will feel great and the satisfaction will be directly proportionate to the stress of avoidance.

I invite you to monitor your satisfaction the next time you finally do the dreaded task - even cleaning the fridge.

Marguerite Tennier, M.A.

http://www.canadascoach.com

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?