Tuesday, March 28, 2006

 

Non-stop cardio

Are you always on the run? Signs you are vary: you run late often if not always; your medical keeps on being postponed; you often work overtime at night and bring work home on the weekend or regularly drive to work for a couple of hours of work on the weekend; you don't necessarily feel tired, you just don't feel much; your mind constantly runs, reminding you of things you need to do; you need to get away for your holidays, because you just don't know how to simply relax at home, etc. etc. etc.

I am on holidays this week - at home, relaxing, reading, doing some work and relaxing some more. I went swimming today and found myself rushing to get the most laps done in the shortest amount of time. I need to do cardio but today I had already rushed doing errands in a a few stores and what I needed was to just breathe. I slowed down and practiced slow, deep breathing. A couple of laps at that reduced speed and I could feel the stress of the morning falling off.

Rushing all the time does not count as your cardio, so by all means, do your cardio, whether you run, speedwalk, dance or swim. If you recognize yourself in the description above, add a couple of minutes at a much slower pace and do a dozen slow, deep breaths. To be on the safe side, do the slow, deep breathing even if you feel you're not Miss Type A. To your health.

Your coach
Marguerite Tennier

http://www.canadascoach.com

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?