Sunday, March 05, 2006

 

Your gut never lies

"Whenever you have to consult with other people for an answer, you're headed in the wrong direction." Oprah, O, The Oprah Magazine, March 2006

Good morning on this beautiful, almost Spring Sunday.

When I look back on my life's biggest decisions, from choosing to fall in love (yes, there is a choice there), buying a house, deciding to take a leave of absence from work to attend university fulll time, studying to become a coach or leaving a relationship, divorcing, selling a house and moving, I see that when I trusted my guts, it was the right decision. The love or friendship may not have been reciprocated or lasted a lifetime, the house may have had a few drafts, school required some sacrifices and divorce a few challenges, but when choices are gut-based (read intuition, heart),I had the strength to face the challenges inherent in any decision.

On the other hand, when I thought about making a decision and found it necessary to ask someone's opinion, which I must confess did not happen often, it was because somewhere the choice was not a perfect fit.

Following your gut does not mean guaranteed results, but it will give you an extreme sense of satisfaction and it is a sure way to strengthen your decision-making muscles.

Your coach
Marguerite Tennier,

http://www.canadascoach.com

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?