Sunday, July 01, 2007

 

Take a chance, somewhere, anywhere

I first wanted to title this posting: 183 days left before 2008. But instead, I decided to share with you that taking a chance, a risk, moving out of your comfort zone in any area of your life will augment your confidence to move out of stuck places at other levels.

I recently wrote the producer of a big television production to offer my services, which not only was gutsy, but it would have also involved public speaking which is not one of my strengths. Well, the tv show did not want my services, thank you. At least not yet. However, the excitement generated by my gutsy move prompted me to take action about other things in my life.

The first action was to add in-person coaching and consulting to my business as well as to start a private practice as a psychotherapist to make my 19 years' experience in addiction and women's wellness of use for women who want to stop emotional eating and women whose life has been affected by the substance abuse of a parent.

There are 183 days left before 2008. Where do you feel frustrated and stuck? One suggestion: call or write someone you admire or someone you feel could give you great advice about your goals. The worst thing that can happen is that he or she does not take time to reply. But your confidence level will go up one notch, or two.

Your coach

Marguerite Tennier, M.A.
http://www.canadascoach.com

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?