Tuesday, December 25, 2007

 

Unexpected gift and a Merry Christmas to you

Good morning and Merry Christmas to all. Buon Natale a tutti! Joyeux Noel à tous.
It's 8 a.m. and as I sit to drink my cafe latte before finishing the dishes for our family feast this afternoon, I catch the glimpse of a big bird outside my living room window. It's as big as a crow, but wonder, it's not. It holds onto the light pole for a brief moment and it's a woodpecker. Gorgeous bird, with a bright red "hat". A quick look at one of my books tells me it's a Pileated Woodpecker, a bird that normally lives in the forest and occasionally visits urban centers. What a gift on this beautiful quiet morning.

What I wish you for this day and throughout the year is to be open to unexpected gifts, whether a rare bird, a convenient parking spot or a short line at the checkout!

Have a beautiful day

Marguerite Tennier, M.A.

http://www.canadascoach.com

Coming soon:

http://www.eftottawa.com

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?