Saturday, May 10, 2008

 

Do you think you have resolved it all?

Hello again: after a great holiday in Mont-Tremblant and a not so good bout of the flu, I am back.

One of the most common comments I hear from my clients at the beginning of our therapy relationship using EFT is "I have done a lot of work on my issues". And most have done months, even years of therapy on major childhood and other issues. I then start asking questions, to first get to know them and to give me some clues. More and more questions and with each answer I usually ask, "On a scale of 0 to 10, what is the emotional intensity of this?" "! Oh!, almost nothing, 3 or 4, sometimes, I get "Not much 5 or 6". By the time I stop asking questions and wrting down the intensity level of stuff, my client is amazed to see that there is still a mountain of unresolved stuff, but because it's often much smaller than what they started with, they assume it's not important.

If you still find yourself stuffing yourself it means that you have succeeded to minimize what's bothering you but you have not resolved it.

EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) can free you of those small mountains of stuff that are keeping you in the cookie (or cake or pizza or chips) jar.

Marguerite Tennier, M.A.
http://www.eftottawa.com

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?